Also available in: Deutsch
Are you Determined, Character Strong and Strong? You stand out from the crowd and have already found your way?! Then Andreas Hartig’s watches are just the right companion for your future life. And here you can find out who is behind them and what awaits you. Have fun reading.
1.) Andreas, how did everything start? When did the watch fever seize you? Your first watch?
So my enthusiasm started at a very young age playing on a playground. I found a Casio watch in the sand and was enthusiastic about the buttons and so on. From then on I was interested in watches. When I then did my apprenticeship as a technical draughtsman in mechanical engineering and later my studies, it happened to pack the mechanics into a watch with my name on it……THIS I wanted to have.
2. What was the first watch you ever designed?
My very first one was the Kendo red, which actually originated from the idea of mechanical engineering and my sport Karate, which I practiced for a long time and have the brown belt.
3. Your shop consists exclusively of chronographs. Do you live on a race track or are you a racing driver? How did this passion come about?
Yes this is my second suffering, motorsport, I love the power and the sound of engines, I also sponsor a few guys in the build-up series…I also work a lot for the BMW M sector which of course promotes this passion.
4. There are now a few collections. Which exactly and which idea is behind it and which watches can I find there?
Oh difficult question, well many watches we actually do not have yet. What is currently in the planning stage is the first three-hand watch of our brand with an ETA movement, design is already finished.
Our aim is to create watches that you don’t see so often, that means they are not mainstream again. For example, this AH002-TB is a watch in a damascus steel case, which, I think, does not exist. If someone buys a Hartig watch, he should know that he has something that many don’t have and that he stands out from the crowd. This is a credo that we always keep in mind. To make watches that are mainsttream and perhaps more commercial is one thing and many, WE can’t, we want to be different.
5. The watch market is highly competitive. New brands emerge almost daily. How did you manage to be so successful so quickly and establish yourself on the market?
Mmmmmhhhh, also a good question, I must answer here almost with a phrase, because it is really so that one must believe in himself and his product and then some works 🙂
6. Can you tell which watch is most popular and why?
Yes, the most popular is my AH002 steel/orange, I think this model is the most successful because it is the most mainstream, which is not our way. 😉
7. Over 500 Hartig Timepieces sold. WOW. Respect. How did this success come about?
Yes, that is actually very dry to explain, a lot of money in marketing invest and the brand where it nut goes show … dry but true … There are many brands I personally also find very good, but in my opinion too little in marketing and therefore unfortunately often disappear again … unfortunately.
8. Will or will there be limited editions for collectors?
Not yet, but it will start in 2019.
9. What will we see of you in the future? Only chronographs?
No, as I said the three-hand watch will come and a Miss Hartig in series is planned….
10. Is there anything else you’d like to say to my readers?
Yes, be open and trust my motto “For man not Mainstream!”.
[…] HARTIG TIMEPIECES Interview […]
[…] HARTIG TIMEPIECES Interview […]